Experience and Credibility through 35 Years of OD and Training
Concordia is a privately owned Hungarian company employing 20 people. We have been working with market leading domestic and international corporations since 1984.
We are one of the leading suppliers in the fields of Organisational Development, Change Management and Culture Change.
We aim to enable our partners to turn their organisations into a more efficient, financially more successful, yet more personal place to work and live in, and to achieve this change by developing and actively involving all stakeholders, both individuals and groups.
We believe that there needs to be a long term equilibrium among the interests of organisations, their employees and their clients. We seek to promote a harmonic co-development of individuals, groups and the organisation along a shared set of values.
We focus on creating value and therefore make sure our programs have objectively measurable results.
With a combined work experience of over several hundred years our colleagues embody a vast pool of knowledge that is the foundation and indeed the living proof of the highest quality services and lasting, successful organisational change we offer.
What we offer to our clients:
- We successfully promote the implementation of culture change necessary when an organisation transfers from a monopolistic position into a competitive market environment, or when a performance change of significant proportions is needed. Our programs of executive development, social skills and attitude development, as well as individual or team coaching make a successful and convincing contribution to these processes, serving the interest of both the organisation and the individuals within.
- Our skills development programs leave a lasting impression in participants.
- Our operative efficiency development and process development programs (a combination of lean management and organisational development) yield exceptionally powerful savings and a vast improvement in productivity development, provided either alongside or integrated into OD.
- Our successful regional projects have proven that we can reach over national boundaries to provide effective OD support to international projects or acquisitions.
In conclusion we offer the potential of planned development and secure change management to our clients.
What we are proud of:
- The majority of Hungarian OD consultants received their professional training with us. We have nurtured generations of OD professionals and we continue to do so.
- We play a pivotal role in the development of domestic and international professional life, including the publication of professional literature, giving lectures at international conferences, or organising a professional world summit (ODWS 2010).
- Our own books, published in conjunction with well known financial weekly HVG and used as foundations for various proprietary programs, including :
Imre Lövey– Manohar S. Nadkarni: The Joyful Organisation (HVG, 2003)
Jeffrey K. Liker: The Toyota Way – 14 Management Principles from the World’s Greatest Manufacturer (HVG, 2008)
Patrick Lencioni: You need a team: five things preventing successful cooperation (HVG, 2009)
Glenn Parker – Robert Hoffman: Meeting Excellence (HVG, 2011)
- We regularly organise forum meetings where we share our results and know-how with our clients (HVG workshops, HR forums)
- Our in-house developments have achieved wide acclaim both within Hungary and abroad. Among them the book and model „Joyful Organisation” which contains a proprietary questionnaire, the summaries of over 50 organisations, and a professional content applicable internationally , regardless of the immediate cultural environment.
- We provide highly unique coaching services built on our training experience and incorporating various methods.
- We have extensive and unsurpassed experience in creating organisations that can work successfully through Self-Directed Work Teams.
We are actively involved in the Hungarian Organization Development Society (www.szmt.hu) and are members of the Training Round Table (www.treningkerekasztal.hu). We subscribe to and fully abide by the ethical codices of these organisations
Please do not hesitate to contact our colleagues via email or phone.
"Considering the situation I am in now, I could not have picked a more useful training. What I really liked about it was the great balance between theory and practice, which meant I learnt about a good deal of specific things that I had not paid attention to, at least not consciously. I am definitely going to change that. I warmly recommend this training to everyone.
It was a well-constructed training with solid proportions giving ample emphasis to both a theoretical basis and practical applications. I think it would be useful for those about to embark on leadership tasks, as well as for practising leaders. The three days we spent together were also beneficial for team cohesion.
I have recently participated in Leadership Training 2 which was hugely helpful in developing my leadership thinking, and gave me ideas about how important it was to organise coaching meetings aimed at developing my colleagues, as well as about how to construct these meetings. My primary takeaway from the training was processing the opinion my subordinates formulated about my managerial efforts, as well as the coaching talk situational game, the learnings from which I can incorporate into actual trainings I conduct for my colleagues. I had a great time at the training, not the least because we had a highly competent and professional trainer (Mr. Tamás Szilágyi) who made sure everyone was actively participating all the time.
I learnt several techniques at Concordia’s training. The program has allowed me to be more assertive and more open when speaking to an audience. Me and my colleagues have gotten much closer together during the group activities, often our presence alone could help the others complete the tasks. The training has sown new seeds in me, awakened new thoughts and put me into a different perspective. All in all, the training provided by Tamás worked perfectly both as team building and as a personality building program. I wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone because you need to leave your comfort zone to allow for your personal development.
Feedback from Participants
As an HR specialist and supporter of participants in various career and talent management programs, over the last few years I have had the privilege of participating in several management trainings provided by Concordia, mostly facilitated by Tamás Szilágyi. It has been a highly positive experience going through the training with various groups, because while the topics were similar, the discussion of an abundance of real life situations and the sharing of personal experiences made these programs highly varied. At the beginning of our cooperation we developed the topics and structure of the trainings together with Tamás, and as feedback were received we kept fine tuning the content and the structure over the years. The flexibility and professionalism of Tamás made working together easy; he was very receptive to reactions from participants during the trainings. It is good to see how much of the learnings and lessons former participants have incorporated in their daily operations."