The perfect meeting
Glenn Parker, Robert Hoffmann: The perfect meeting
33 ways of being efficient and effective
HVG Kiadó, April 2011
Meetings are notorious time thieves within any organisation, unless of course you properly prepare, administer and follow-up on them. The book provides an abundance of useful hints helping you avoid the pitfalls of meetings. There is a set of control questions at the end of each chapter allowing you to check how well you have learnt your lesson. There is also an overall test at the end of the book.
The book gives you insight into the following:
- Methods to help you decide whether you really need a meeting or not
- Planning the launch meeting of a newly created team
- Ways of integrating a new member.
- How to keep the set direction while focusing on your results
- How to make meetings enjoyable
- How to deal with alligators – what to do with disturbing behaviour
- Conflict management at the meeting.
- Evaluate the meeting with the two-minute method, or use a 5 or 10-minute survey
- Organising and administering a video conference or a tele conference
This book is useful reading for those who run meetings as managers or project / team leaders. It is also useful for people who can use these methods to assist the effective cooperation of teams within an organisation
HVG Kiadó Zrt., Budapest, 2011
The Hungarian translation is based on the following publication:
Please do not hesitate to contact our colleagues via email or phone.
ING INSURANCE PLC.
"Our cooperation with Concordia commenced in 2013. We launched a three-stage training program for our sales organisers, comprising of team building / team management, individual development and efficient meeting management. The experts and trainers from Concordia displayed profound and substantial professionalism in the course of preparing the programs and administering the initial trainings. Our cooperation also included the training of our own in-house trainer partners. This was undertaken by Bea Busch, Tamás Szilágyi and Balázs Kosztra who proved to be exceedingly supportive, flexible and helpful. I can highly recommend Concordia to anyone looking for both practical solutions that can be readily deployed and solid theoretical foundations with reliable empirical backing."