The perfect meeting
Glenn Parker, Robert Hoffmann: The perfect meeting
33 ways of being efficient and effective
HVG Kiadó, April 2011
Meetings are notorious time thieves within any organisation, unless of course you properly prepare, administer and follow-up on them. The book provides an abundance of useful hints helping you avoid the pitfalls of meetings. There is a set of control questions at the end of each chapter allowing you to check how well you have learnt your lesson. There is also an overall test at the end of the book.
The book gives you insight into the following:
- Methods to help you decide whether you really need a meeting or not
- Planning the launch meeting of a newly created team
- Ways of integrating a new member.
- How to keep the set direction while focusing on your results
- How to make meetings enjoyable
- How to deal with alligators – what to do with disturbing behaviour
- Conflict management at the meeting.
- Evaluate the meeting with the two-minute method, or use a 5 or 10-minute survey
- Organising and administering a video conference or a tele conference
This book is useful reading for those who run meetings as managers or project / team leaders. It is also useful for people who can use these methods to assist the effective cooperation of teams within an organisation
HVG Kiadó Zrt., Budapest, 2011
The Hungarian translation is based on the following publication:
Please do not hesitate to contact our colleagues via email or phone.
EGIS PHARMACEUTICALS PLC.
"As a pharmaceutical company, health is our main focus and concern every minute of the day. With that in mind, we also wanted to do something for the health of our company. It was through a corporate health check that we were acquainted with Concordia. The best way to improve your own health is to know your organisation, and Concordia has proven to be an indispensable help in learning about ourselves and in discovering the areas where intervention was necessary to maintain or restore health. Such a process could never be completed without proper skills and an innate sense of empathy. Concordia has both. Egis is now a healthy company, thanks to you!"