Autonomous work groups
It is in the best interest of corporations to have employees work in teams that embrace taking responsibility, that develop a good atmosphere, and work along shared values, towards shared objectives. Successful companies build upon the experience and knowledge of their co-workers and actively maintain and develop these values. They create organisational structures and cultures which enables these people to better exploit their capabilities and talents; to regularly contribute ideas and initiatives aiming to enhance quality, to reduce costs and to improve efficiency.
Concordia can assist the creation of such a corporate culture and structure by creating and preparing autonomous work groups, using our proprietary model.
Operations building on autonomous work groups will enhance the competitiveness of corporations because
- employees make a better use of their talents and capabilities
- there are more ideas, more initiatives
- the pyramid is flatter; management is less costly
- the organisation can respond quicker
The model of creating autonomous work groups
Expected results on various levels of the organisation
- Important indicators (e.g. quality, down times, production efficiency, cost sensitivity. etc.) show improvement within production
- A reduction of absenteeism
- More efficient and faster decision making in production
- Lower operative costs (especially when combined with lean processes)
- Synergic cooperation between management support staff blue collar workers
- Improvement and development are part of everyday operations
- Increasing dedication to the company
- An attitude of “I want” rather than “I have to”
- More satisfied employees
- Co-workers with better self-esteem
- Management is now free to develop, plan and rationalise employees
- Better work place atmosphere
The steps of creating autonomous working groups
Over the years we implemented, trained and developed autonomous work groups, as well as created and reshaped related corporate culture, at some of the most prestigious corporations (Ford, Visteon, Loranger, BorgWarner).
Please do not hesitate to contact our colleagues via email or phone.
EGIS PHARMACEUTICALS PLC.
"As a pharmaceutical company, health is our main focus and concern every minute of the day. With that in mind, we also wanted to do something for the health of our company. It was through a corporate health check that we were acquainted with Concordia. The best way to improve your own health is to know your organisation, and Concordia has proven to be an indispensable help in learning about ourselves and in discovering the areas where intervention was necessary to maintain or restore health. Such a process could never be completed without proper skills and an innate sense of empathy. Concordia has both. Egis is now a healthy company, thanks to you!"