Coaching (individual, team and group)
Coaching is a goal and result oriented process whereby clients assume new cognitive and behavioural schemes allowing them to achieve their corporate and personal objectives more effectively while they also undergo change, learning and development. Like our master often used to say, our role is to provide clients with as many exercisable choices as possible.
About coaching in details
- Unique features of Concordia Coaching:
Coaching opens up new opportunities while the coach and their partners work on multiple cognitive, emotional and behavioural levels.
Concordia has been involved in organisational development and executive training since 1984, and these activities have defined theunique features of Concordia Coaching:
- Over the last thirty years Concordia has successfully implemented organisational development projects with various organisations of highly diverse nature. Our accumulated experience and system approach enables us to integrate coaching with HR systems as well as organisation-wide development processes.
- We usually work with top level executives, giving us significant experience in the field of corporate management
- Our coaches have extensive personal and professional experience arising from age, consultant work experience and formal education. This allows our partners to always work with the most suitable coach and is also a guarantee of successful coaching.
Our coaches have trained with renowned American professionals and recognised domestic coach training institutions.
As organisational development consultants we consider organisations capable of development if the basic triangle model of organisational goals applies to them. This model is the system approach starting point for our coaching activities. This approach argues that if organisations want to secure their long-term success and productivity they must never set just a single exclusive goal prioritised within the corporate hierarchy of objectives. Instead they must maintain a balance and gradually increase the quality of the following three fundamental requirements
- a. satisfying the needs of consumers, users, clients,
- b. satisfying the needs of employees and co-workers within the organisation, and
- c. meeting the condition for the organisation to operate in a profitable, economical and efficient way.
This model does not only apply to entire organisations, but also to departments or groups as well as individuals.
The coaching basics of Concordia: The triangle model of organisational goals
In the course of a coaching process we consider just how much any individual can satisfy their own needs and meet the demands of their partners (work superiors and subordinates, clients, etc.) while they efficiently attend to their own tasks.
What is coaching good for?
Coaching can be helpful in situations such as:
- preparing for new tasks (promotion, higher degree of responsibilities),
- getting stuck (e.g. loss of performance, lack of motivation, etc),
- enhanced stress, work place pressure
- managing and processing change and crisis
- preparation for challenges,
- integration of lessons learnt at trainings,
- when everything is alright but you still would like to know if you could do better, would like to receive feedback, etc.
Concordia range of coaching services
- Executive coaching
- Executive coaching as part of a complex organisational development process (no organisation can change without its people/executives changing first)
- Various management coaching, coaching of future management
- Coaching of key figures and young talents
Individual coaching is a series of one-on-one meetings between the coach and the coachee. The process aims to increase personal and workplace efficiency to enable managers and co-workers to develop and expand their activities, to become more productive.
The development of an entire team (top executives, an organisational unit, a project team etc.) working for shared goals within an organisation along the lines of internal operations, thoughts, emotions and behaviour. The focus of the coaching process is refined by analysing the fundamental characteristics of the specific team, which enables the development of the team’s operations using a vast but specialised set of team coaching tools.
Developing individuals in group settings, with contributions from group members and the coach, using various coaching and training methods. This is a cost effective alternative to individual coaching, useful for developing certain well defined competencies, of for internalising the lessons learnt at a training (project management, change management, newly appointed managers, etc.) Apart from theme-based groups there are often changing problems or individual issues that need to be addressed. In such cases session topics are determined by the participants who help resolve individual issues by giving feedback or suggestions (discussing management situations, how to manage “difficult people”, best practices within a given field of activity)
How a coach works
Coaches at Concordia are not uniform clones (or if they are, each “in a different way”). However there are methods and models we all like to use during our individual, team and group coaching sessions. These are:
Solution centeredness, brief coaching
Appreciative Inquiry (AI)
Borrowing from the inventory of organisational development and trainings:
- Vision formation
- Vision breakdown
- Problem solving techniques
- Facilitation methods
- Presentation methods and techniques
- Conflict management
- Developing emotional intelligence
- Chairing a Meeting
- Time management principles and techniques
- Stress management methods
- Decision-making methods
- Ways of delegation
- Performance management
- Steps and components of change management
- Active attention
- Giving feedback
- Ways of asking
- Force field analysis
- Tales and stories
- Action planning
- SWOT analysis, and so forth
And then there are methods that are specific to some of us, personal specialities, individual favourites picked during the countless training sessions, such as:
- Bioenergetical approach – mobilising and releasing energy
- NLP approach, models and exercises
- Establishing an altered state of mind
- Techniques of nonviolent communication
- Transaction analysis
- Autogenic training
- Meditation, and so forth
Please do not hesitate to contact our colleagues via email or phone.
"Considering the situation I am in now, I could not have picked a more useful training. What I really liked about it was the great balance between theory and practice, which meant I learnt about a good deal of specific things that I had not paid attention to, at least not consciously. I am definitely going to change that. I warmly recommend this training to everyone.
It was a well-constructed training with solid proportions giving ample emphasis to both a theoretical basis and practical applications. I think it would be useful for those about to embark on leadership tasks, as well as for practising leaders. The three days we spent together were also beneficial for team cohesion.
I have recently participated in Leadership Training 2 which was hugely helpful in developing my leadership thinking, and gave me ideas about how important it was to organise coaching meetings aimed at developing my colleagues, as well as about how to construct these meetings. My primary takeaway from the training was processing the opinion my subordinates formulated about my managerial efforts, as well as the coaching talk situational game, the learnings from which I can incorporate into actual trainings I conduct for my colleagues. I had a great time at the training, not the least because we had a highly competent and professional trainer (Mr. Tamás Szilágyi) who made sure everyone was actively participating all the time.
I learnt several techniques at Concordia’s training. The program has allowed me to be more assertive and more open when speaking to an audience. Me and my colleagues have gotten much closer together during the group activities, often our presence alone could help the others complete the tasks. The training has sown new seeds in me, awakened new thoughts and put me into a different perspective. All in all, the training provided by Tamás worked perfectly both as team building and as a personality building program. I wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone because you need to leave your comfort zone to allow for your personal development.
Feedback from Participants
As an HR specialist and supporter of participants in various career and talent management programs, over the last few years I have had the privilege of participating in several management trainings provided by Concordia, mostly facilitated by Tamás Szilágyi. It has been a highly positive experience going through the training with various groups, because while the topics were similar, the discussion of an abundance of real life situations and the sharing of personal experiences made these programs highly varied. At the beginning of our cooperation we developed the topics and structure of the trainings together with Tamás, and as feedback were received we kept fine tuning the content and the structure over the years. The flexibility and professionalism of Tamás made working together easy; he was very receptive to reactions from participants during the trainings. It is good to see how much of the learnings and lessons former participants have incorporated in their daily operations."