Coaching (individual, team and group)
Coaching is a goal and result oriented process whereby clients assume new cognitive and behavioural schemes allowing them to achieve their corporate and personal objectives more effectively while they also undergo change, learning and development. Like our master often used to say, our role is to provide clients with as many exercisable choices as possible.
About coaching in details
- Unique features of Concordia Coaching:
Coaching opens up new opportunities while the coach and their partners work on multiple cognitive, emotional and behavioural levels.
Concordia has been involved in organisational development and executive training since 1984, and these activities have defined theunique features of Concordia Coaching:
- Over the last thirty years Concordia has successfully implemented organisational development projects with various organisations of highly diverse nature. Our accumulated experience and system approach enables us to integrate coaching with HR systems as well as organisation-wide development processes.
- We usually work with top level executives, giving us significant experience in the field of corporate management
- Our coaches have extensive personal and professional experience arising from age, consultant work experience and formal education. This allows our partners to always work with the most suitable coach and is also a guarantee of successful coaching.
Our coaches have trained with renowned American professionals and recognised domestic coach training institutions.
As organisational development consultants we consider organisations capable of development if the basic triangle model of organisational goals applies to them. This model is the system approach starting point for our coaching activities. This approach argues that if organisations want to secure their long-term success and productivity they must never set just a single exclusive goal prioritised within the corporate hierarchy of objectives. Instead they must maintain a balance and gradually increase the quality of the following three fundamental requirements
- a. satisfying the needs of consumers, users, clients,
- b. satisfying the needs of employees and co-workers within the organisation, and
- c. meeting the condition for the organisation to operate in a profitable, economical and efficient way.
This model does not only apply to entire organisations, but also to departments or groups as well as individuals.
The coaching basics of Concordia: The triangle model of organisational goals
In the course of a coaching process we consider just how much any individual can satisfy their own needs and meet the demands of their partners (work superiors and subordinates, clients, etc.) while they efficiently attend to their own tasks.
What is coaching good for?
Coaching can be helpful in situations such as:
- preparing for new tasks (promotion, higher degree of responsibilities),
- getting stuck (e.g. loss of performance, lack of motivation, etc),
- enhanced stress, work place pressure
- managing and processing change and crisis
- preparation for challenges,
- integration of lessons learnt at trainings,
- when everything is alright but you still would like to know if you could do better, would like to receive feedback, etc.
Concordia range of coaching services
- Executive coaching
- Executive coaching as part of a complex organisational development process (no organisation can change without its people/executives changing first)
- Various management coaching, coaching of future management
- Coaching of key figures and young talents
Individual coaching is a series of one-on-one meetings between the coach and the coachee. The process aims to increase personal and workplace efficiency to enable managers and co-workers to develop and expand their activities, to become more productive.
The development of an entire team (top executives, an organisational unit, a project team etc.) working for shared goals within an organisation along the lines of internal operations, thoughts, emotions and behaviour. The focus of the coaching process is refined by analysing the fundamental characteristics of the specific team, which enables the development of the team’s operations using a vast but specialised set of team coaching tools.
Developing individuals in group settings, with contributions from group members and the coach, using various coaching and training methods. This is a cost effective alternative to individual coaching, useful for developing certain well defined competencies, of for internalising the lessons learnt at a training (project management, change management, newly appointed managers, etc.) Apart from theme-based groups there are often changing problems or individual issues that need to be addressed. In such cases session topics are determined by the participants who help resolve individual issues by giving feedback or suggestions (discussing management situations, how to manage “difficult people”, best practices within a given field of activity)
How a coach works
Coaches at Concordia are not uniform clones (or if they are, each “in a different way”). However there are methods and models we all like to use during our individual, team and group coaching sessions. These are:
Solution centeredness, brief coaching
Appreciative Inquiry (AI)
Borrowing from the inventory of organisational development and trainings:
- Vision formation
- Vision breakdown
- Problem solving techniques
- Facilitation methods
- Presentation methods and techniques
- Conflict management
- Developing emotional intelligence
- Chairing a Meeting
- Time management principles and techniques
- Stress management methods
- Decision-making methods
- Ways of delegation
- Performance management
- Steps and components of change management
- Active attention
- Giving feedback
- Ways of asking
- Force field analysis
- Tales and stories
- Action planning
- SWOT analysis, and so forth
And then there are methods that are specific to some of us, personal specialities, individual favourites picked during the countless training sessions, such as:
- Bioenergetical approach – mobilising and releasing energy
- NLP approach, models and exercises
- Establishing an altered state of mind
- Techniques of nonviolent communication
- Transaction analysis
- Autogenic training
- Meditation, and so forth
Please do not hesitate to contact our colleagues via email or phone.
EGIS PHARMACEUTICALS PLC.
"As a pharmaceutical company, health is our main focus and concern every minute of the day. With that in mind, we also wanted to do something for the health of our company. It was through a corporate health check that we were acquainted with Concordia. The best way to improve your own health is to know your organisation, and Concordia has proven to be an indispensable help in learning about ourselves and in discovering the areas where intervention was necessary to maintain or restore health. Such a process could never be completed without proper skills and an innate sense of empathy. Concordia has both. Egis is now a healthy company, thanks to you!"