The system is also useful for the operative development of teams. We have found DiSC to be highly successful if applied within the framework of team coaching where personal DiSC profiles are processes by the entire team, revealing traits assisting the functioning of the team, and defining the direction of development.
The Thomas DiSC system can help us define the competencies of a person, a position or a team by applying DiSC model categories, and provides a quick answer to the following questions:
- What motivates our colleagues?
- What are their strengths and limitations? What are they afraid of?
- What is their communication style?
- What values do they represent for the organisation?
- Does their preferred behaviour differ from the behaviour they display in the course of work?
- How would they behave under pressure?
- Do they display signs of frustration at the workplace?
- Under what leadership style can they perform effectively?
- How do they fit in with their team?